Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Hello World!

I'm an avid runner that got started in this sport, like most other adult runners, accidentally.  What started as a journey to slow down my ever expanded waistline has turned into a passionate hobby.  I started running in 2007 and since then have ran over 75 races - from 5Ks to marathons. In 2012, I qualified for one of the most prestigious events in running, the Boston Marathon, which I plan to run 2014. For me running is something I could do every day - it's a lifestyle.  Being on the open road, focusing on the sound of your breath and the pounding of your feet is the most invigorating experience in the world - a natural high.

Even though I've ran so many events I still consider myself to be a intermediate runner or novice-competitor. Some of my friends may disagree... But I still have so much to learn... Every time I go for a run or participate in a race I'm always learning and trying new things.  Having started out late in running I understand the ups and downs of what it takes to continue to lace up the shoes and get out the door for a run. Through running I've seen places I've never imagined existed, met many new friends that have become like family, and have had the opportunity to introduce many others to the sport of running. I always look forward to sharing my experiences with anyone that wants to hear me ramble on about one of my many runs.

Well that's all for now... I will use this blog to share things I've learned along my journey, tips and tricks, and any random thought that comes to mind on a given day.  Until next time, lace them up, and...

Keep Running!!


1 comment:

  1. Awesome blog Jerome! I'll look forward to keeping up with you!

    ReplyDelete