Thursday, August 15, 2013

My GPS Died!!!


Well, I've gone and done it now.  I'm guilty of killing my GPS watch.  I'm trying not to be too sad, it lived a good life... My friend has seen plenty of neighborhoods, roads, a few trails, and many races.  As the miles ticked away my friend would give a subtle beep to let me know he was right there with me.  We've had many ups and downs along our journey.  While the good days were many, it was the bad days what made me most appreciate my friend. As I drown myself in my tears I reminiscence about the time when my watch kept a 8-miler from turning into a 10+ miler.  There was another time when my friend beeped that last interval that indicated it was time to rest..... Oh I can see it like it was yesterday.  

Alas, all good things must come to an end.  I must now look to the future (the sun will come out tomorrow).  There will never be another like my friend, but I must be strong.
My GPS watch during happier times.
So, where do I go from here?  Run without a watch???  Oh that's just silly talk... we have to have our data.  Here are a few watches I just so happen to be looking at.  It's starting to feel like Christmas.  

  1. Garmin FR210
  2. Garmin FR610
  3. Timex Run Trainer GPS 2
I don't plan to write a review of these watches because there's already a person (DC Rainmaker) who does a great job of testing and writing in-depth reviews on just about any sport related device there is.  If you don't know about him you should go over and check him out before deciding on what GPS watch you should buy.  Having said that, I will make this one comment.  When selecting a watch, a couple of things to consider is what options you are looking for from a watch, and you should also talk to other runners you may know or run with.  Runners aren't shy to show off their fancy devices and help you pick a watch to fit your needs.  Also, it's always good to have a person you can talk to for advice on how to use or set some feature up you aren't familiar with.  Selecting a watch that is pretty popular in your running circle isn't a bad choice.

Well enough for now... I have to go review and select my next running companion.  Until next time, lace them up and...

Keep Running!!

No comments:

Post a Comment